Question Toshiba satellite L750 sound cut out

Feb 11, 2019
After about 10 mins of YouTube etc my sound cuts out, I can regain sound if I close my screen (sleep) and open it again. Sound will last between 5-10 mins then cut out again. I have uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers, factory reset windows etc and same issue, could possibly be hardware? Any help would be much appreciated as I can't afford another laptop ?

Doesn't sound like a hardware issue. Not when it will restart after just putting it to sleep and then waking it.

Does this only happen with Youtube? Only when watching videos? Only when listening to stuff online? or does it happen with any sound, even ones on the computer?

Feb 11, 2019
Doesn't sound like a hardware issue. Not when it will restart after just putting it to sleep and then waking it.

Does this only happen with Youtube? Only when watching videos? Only when listening to stuff online? or does it happen with any sound, even ones on the computer?

Yeah all sound goes, I use to get around it by using HDMI on the TV but that eventually went aswell. It's all a bit confusing for me now as I don't really know what to do next with it

If it was just the browser, I would say check the settings in there, but you said it happens no matter what sound you listen to and no matter the source.

I would suggest (if it as something else) to try going into "Safe Mode" and see if you get the problem, but sounds really don't work in there.

When you did your restore on your computer, was it a total clean restore/reinstall? Or was it something else?

Feb 11, 2019
If it was just the browser, I would say check the settings in there, but you said it happens no matter what sound you listen to and no matter the source.

I would suggest (if it as something else) to try going into "Safe Mode" and see if you get the problem, but sounds really don't work in there.

When you did your restore on your computer, was it a total clean restore/reinstall? Or was it something else?
Carried out full restore last night, did the full clean and sweep deal. Got it all setup this morning and tried out on YouTube and cut out like normal. My computer originally was Windows 7,got corrupt so a mate put Windows 10 on it. That was a while ago but had notifications to renew the licence for it? But I can't remember if I started having sound trouble around the same time....... I did a YouTube licence renew job and sorted that but sound never came right..... Not sure if they'd be in relation to each other. I would have thought the factory restore would have fixed it otherwise.

Yes, if it isn't a legit copy, then it can cause all kinds of problems. Additionally, we can't help resolve problems with getting an illegal copy to work on a computer.

I would suggest either purchasing a copy of Windows 10, if that is what you want to use, or getting a CD/DVD/USB with your systems original version and install that.

Feb 11, 2019
Yes, if it isn't a legit copy, then it can cause all kinds of problems. Additionally, we can't help resolve problems with getting an illegal copy to work on a computer.

I would suggest either purchasing a copy of Windows 10, if that is what you want to use, or getting a CD/DVD/USB with your systems original version and install that.

No worries, I'll try track down a windows install disk and give that a go, cheers for your help mate I really appreciate it