Toshiba Satellite laptop won't connect to home wifi, but will connect to other wifi.

Leomaris

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
So my laptop disconnected itself from my wifi last night; I tried both restarting my laptop and restarting the router, despite the fact that my phone, and other devices in the house were still connected to the home wifi. I've checked to see in there are any driver updates, but it says I'm all up to date. My laptop is now connected to a hotspot, so I'm not sure what's wrong, seeing as its only issue seems to be with my home wifi specifically. Any suggestions?

Solution
It'd be a good idea if you could pass on your laptop's model as well as your home routers make and model. I've had a client who had issues connected to any wifi Hotspot in the his work environments but could connect to a software based AP by flipping a phone's wifi and acting as the Hotspot. The end result after months of troubleshooting, the wireless adapter died in spite of being on the latest drivers and showing no signs of hardware malfunction within Windows' Device Manager.

Lutfij

Splendid
It'd be a good idea if you could pass on your laptop's model as well as your home routers make and model. I've had a client who had issues connected to any wifi Hotspot in the his work environments but could connect to a software based AP by flipping a phone's wifi and acting as the Hotspot. The end result after months of troubleshooting, the wireless adapter died in spite of being on the latest drivers and showing no signs of hardware malfunction within Windows' Device Manager.

Solution
Jul 26, 2018

I'm having this same issue - I just tried to call Toshiba customer support and they wanted to charge me $95.99 for 7 days of tech support to fix the problem. Did you ever get your situation figured out? My network is hidden, but I've got multiple other devices connected to it with no issues. Also, I currently have my pc connected to my phones hot spot... its a short term fix, but I need something long term!!!