Tiny LittleBEE

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite s855-s5378 laptop. It is out of warranty and it is a gift from my aunt. I have been using it for four months now. I had this problem since yesterday, the screen turns into pink/green distorted or fuzzy display. I went to the nearest laptop repair shop and they said that it is either the LCD Panel or the ribbon flex has the problem. The external monitor works fine. I already reinstalled windows, reinstalled the drivers and and other software related troubleshooting.
My laptop specs are
CPU: 3rd gen i7 3630
RAM: 8gb 1600mhz
HDD: 750gb
Display: Toshiba Truebrite Display
Model name: Toshiba Saterllite s855-s5378

I posted a video in my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGhNGiGjig

Thank you!

She already went to a repair shop and they told her it's either the ribbon or the screen. They are right about the diagnostic, what else could we do. But I lean toward the screen to be the problem, only solution is to change it.

Tiny LittleBEE

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

The cost of screen replacement is 8,000php or 184.888 USD here in the Philippines. Does it mean that my laptop now will degrade its display clarity? The previous installed screen is very clear and nice.

Tiny LittleBEE

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

Hi thanks for responding may I know what is the "number" you are talking about?

Tiny LittleBEE

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

Thank you for that information. I wish I will not spend $161.84 or 7,000php just for screen replacement. I wonder what is the cause of this screen damage? I have never dropped this and I care a lot using this laptop.