Toshiba Tecra M2

G

I closed the lid on my laptop last night (as I always do) and when I opened up again this morning nothing happened. When I try powering upn it starts to spring into life (slight flicker from HD led and fan runs) but the screen is completely dead and it does nothing else??? Please help!

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
remove battery, remove power plug, wait 4 minutes and 27 seconds
now put the power adaptor only and push the power on button

nothing? put just the battery and push the power button

nothing? buy a new laptop.

G

Thanks for the advice but buying a new laptop is too much of an easy option for me! :)

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
but you got no choice mate if its dead is dead. no point buying and replacing boards because the sellers sell them just as expensive as a new laptop.

G

Oh, so it's the board that will have failed? That's what I wanted to know, as I thought it would be the hard drive.
The laptop has been slowing up whilst running certain programmes recently and sometimes the hard drive would be working away for no apparent reason. Also the touchpad has become ultra sensitive and sometimes the cursor would run away across the screen of its own accord!
Only issue I have now is how to recover all of my files from HD?!
Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it!

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
you need to remove the hard drive, buy a laptop hard drive enclosure, put it inside and hook it up via usb to any computer and use it like a memory stick

the documents will be in

C: then Documents and settings then user then documents or dekstop.

G

Fantastic, thanks............... just shows how little I know! :wahoo:

Don't suppose you could tell me what I need to order? ;)

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0563933595.1235996355@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadegikdgjdjcflgceggdhhmdfhk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=851402&category_oid=