Solved! Touch screen has gone weird

captainstan

Estimable
Mar 25, 2016
So my touch screen on my S8+ has stopped responding but only in certain ways. I can unlock my screen using my code on my screen, use my home/pull up used apps/use the back buttons at the bottom of the touch screen. I can even use it to turn off or restart the device. However, the main home screen where i have everything from some apps, to weather, to my phone, contacts, and texting doesn't work at all. Doesn't matter how hard I press it, it just doesn't work until I restart the phone. This has happened several times, sometimes while texting and sometimes in other instances. Is there any reason why this is going on? I try to close out of apps fairly often and it is still doing this. Is there any fix?

Thank you.

Solution
Sounds like something on the device may be the cause. Were it hardware restarting it wouldn't fix it and the other screens would not work as well.

I would suggest you check your phone for bad apps, apps not installed by you (happens a lot), viruses and malware. Also, if you use a launcher, you may want to stop. It could easily be the problem.

Lastly, make sure that you are actually closing apps when not in use, rather than just moving to another screen/app. If they are left open all the time it can lead to extremely low resources and problems. Which could be a factor as well.
Sounds like something on the device may be the cause. Were it hardware restarting it wouldn't fix it and the other screens would not work as well.

I would suggest you check your phone for bad apps, apps not installed by you (happens a lot), viruses and malware. Also, if you use a launcher, you may want to stop. It could easily be the problem.

Lastly, make sure that you are actually closing apps when not in use, rather than just moving to another screen/app. If they are left open all the time it can lead to extremely low resources and problems. Which could be a factor as well.

Reactions: Stephsniz
Solution