Touch screen laptop screen broken. can I replace it with a non touch screen?

Shaun98

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
Hi I have a toshiba satellite nb10t-a-101 touch screen laptop and I've broke the screen. I have replaced loads of non touch screen laptops before with no issues but this is my first time trying to replace one with touch.
Basically what I'm wondering is can I order a non touch screen and use that instead of paying extra for the touch version?

Thanks for the help!

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
According to Toshiba-Parts.co.uk there are 2 types of screen available for your laptop.

LCD TFT 11.6in Found here
or
LCD Touch Panel Found Here

Strangely enough, the touch panel is cheaper (in GBP at least)

take the part number from the 2 links above and ebay for them both and buy which ever is cheaper.

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I would be a little concerned as it says it is compatible and doesnt have the model number, so until you get it and take your laptop apart you wont be 100% sure if it works, at least it says it is for the exact model of your laptop, you would have a case against them if it isnt. but for 33 quid, worth a punt.

If you want to take the laptop apart now, you can get the part number from the broken screen and search for that, or buy This

Shaun98

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
Got the laptop partially apart but it's a funny one I'll post a pic of it on here later when I'm home because I'm slightly stuck with it see if anyone can help me out. Thanks for your help

Shaun98

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
Just looking again now and there's no bezel on mine. I've never even seen a screen like this before. It looks like to be able to do this I would have to replace the plastic lid the screen and the hinges as this touch screen version doesn't separate by the looks of it also the part number is H000062320
Thanks again