Solved! tp-link router attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2018
I have the tp-link archer c2300 router based on recommendation here. I keep getting attacked from cha cha type attacks. So far nothing has got in but it is consistently happening. What do I do. I hate to return it.

Solution

You can't release and renew the modem IP because 95% of the time you will just get assigned the same IP, doing that for your computer will do nothing if that is what you mean.

Yes if the router blocks the attacks then you should be OK.

Yes but usually you will get the same one for a long period of time. You can't get hacked in through the router IP, the starting point has to be internet facing, which is your modem to the IPS connection.

Nov 25, 2018
If I cant get hacked in through the router then my devices behind the router are safe aren't they? I did get instructions to release and renew a IP address though too.

You can't release and renew the modem IP because 95% of the time you will just get assigned the same IP, doing that for your computer will do nothing if that is what you mean.

Yes if the router blocks the attacks then you should be OK.

Solution
Dec 19, 2018
Make sure that you are connected to the TP-Link Router with the computer that was originally connected to your Cable modem, then log on to the management click Network->MAC Clone on the left side. If so,the router is not able to communicate with your modem and cause you can't access the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.