TR553 adware!!! Please help it's driving me nuts

imnotagamer007

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
So I downloaded an old version of utorrent recently that ended up being malware. I'm completely done with utorrent btw and will never install it again. But anyways the thing has infected both my firefox and IE browsers with adware. Words are now hyperlinks to ad sites. No matter what site I go to it's there. I have ran Malwarebytes (pro version that I bought) but nothing turned up. I have even tried uninstalling firefox but the adware remains when I reinstall. Please help me.

imnotagamer007

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

Tried that. Still have the adware. I just ran by computer in safemode and then ran spybot and malewarebytes at the same time. Both of them don't show anything. I completely uninstalled firefox again using ' your uninstaller'. That even erases the registry files. So I'm going to try to download firefox again and see.

Rabmac

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
You can find a good malware removal guide here: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-clean-infected-computer.htm

If you are going to follow instructions above I would suggest making sure all your software and windows are upto date. I would also suggest uninstalling adobe products and Java to close known security vulnerabilities. Once you have done that follow instructions above.

If this does not work you can post your logs at bleeping computer and someone there may help you remove it free of charge but the fact you are using UTorrent may work against you.

NOTE: The infection may be on your MBR so it installs everytime you boot your PC.

imnotagamer007

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

I did a secure erase of my ssd and a reinstall of windows 10. Everything seems to be in order now.