Solved! Trackpad doesn't work after unplugging mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grotug

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2008
Hi, I have been using an Amazon mouse with my new GS65 Win 10 Home laptop and whenever I unplug the mouse the trackpad doesn't work.

Also, is there a setting somewhere that will smooth the pixels of movies on Netflix? I rewatched Good Will Hunting just now and the image was made up of square pixels!

Solution
Try the following and see if it fixes it...

First try hitting F6. On some devices this key turns the touchpad off/on.

Should that not work, then try...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Also, you might want to check for updates to your drivers, including the Synaptics driver (if your device uses one).

If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.

As to Netflix, that is usually caused...
Try the following and see if it fixes it...

First try hitting F6. On some devices this key turns the touchpad off/on.

Should that not work, then try...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Also, you might want to check for updates to your drivers, including the Synaptics driver (if your device uses one).

If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.

As to Netflix, that is usually caused by the internet connection. When the speed is lower, or you have other things using it, that can cause this. You may also want to check your settings in Netflix to make sure you have it set to show things at a higher quality. Go into "Account" then scroll down to "Playback Settings". You can change it in there. However, no matter what you have it set to, what I mentioned first can still effect it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.