(tried everything) Can't connect broken laptop screen to external monitor

May 26, 2018
I have a HP pavilion power 15, 2017 model, and I've broken the screen. I followed many tutorials on how to connect it to an external monitor (fn f4 etc) but none of them worked. I've found that apparently if I disconnect the LCD from the laptop motherboard (which I have) I should be able to get a 100% chance of getting sigbal. I've tried all the key combos and am now resorting to this

Robert Ban

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Re attach the broken laptop screen, after that let laptop boot atleast 2-3min, then connect external monitor and hit windows+P key once or twice and press enter it should let to display, otherwise keep playing with it since you dont see anything.

May 26, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from muhammadzaidshaikh13 : "(tried everything) Can't connect broken laptop screen to external monitor"

I have a HP pavilion power 15, 2017 model, and I've broken the screen. I followed many tutorials on how to connect it to an external monitor (fn f4 etc) but none of them worked. I've found that apparently if I disconnect the LCD from the laptop motherboard (which I have) I should be able to get a 100% chance of getting sigbal. I've tried all the key combos and am now resorting to this

Disconnecting the attached display won't resolve your problem. If anything it may well make the laptop not work at all.

If an external display is not showing you anything (and I am talking monitor not using a TV) then you may well have a bad GPU or even need the motherboard replaced.

Robert Ban

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Re attach the broken laptop screen, after that let laptop boot atleast 2-3min, then connect external monitor and hit windows+P key once or twice and press enter it should let to display, otherwise keep playing with it since you dont see anything.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wredroom.exe Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1