Trojan Siredf C on external hard drive

LordCoSaX

Estimable
May 19, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have run into a problem today, I believe after downloading some p2p stuff.

My computer wasnt able to connect to the internet anymore. I have run scans and found nothing.
Then I ran a scan on my external hard drive and found two instances of trojan.siredf.c.
I removed those but I still couldnt connect to the internet.

Now I have unplugged the external hard drive and did a system restore on my computer and I am able to access the internet like nothing happened. Yet, I am not certain the threat has been really removed from my computer, and I also dont know how I can fix the external hard drive. If I plug the external hard drive back in, the problem shows up again.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Try not to do a system restore when you get a virus, that doesn't always remove it. Run a full virus scan on both drives while booting with safe mode with networking.

To fix your internet problem, download ccleaner, run a registry scan, fix errors, and clean your internet settings

Also check your connections tab in your browser if there are any proxy settings setup. Remove these proxy settings and see if you can connect to the internet again.

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Try not to do a system restore when you get a virus, that doesn't always remove it. Run a full virus scan on both drives while booting with safe mode with networking.

To fix your internet problem, download ccleaner, run a registry scan, fix errors, and clean your internet settings

Also check your connections tab in your browser if there are any proxy settings setup. Remove these proxy settings and see if you can connect to the internet again.

Solution