Trouble installing Adobe CS6

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
I have the Education Edition of Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium for Mac. I've heard that you can install Adobe software on two devices using a single software key, and I was trying to install the software onto my PC. Obviously the CD provided by Adobe only supports OSX, so I tried finding a download for CS6 on the Adobe website and came across this. I tried downloading the program using the Windows installation process; however, every time I do, it seems the .7z file is corrupted or something because every time I try using the provided Adobe extraction application, it tells me that there was an error and to check my hard drive space and write privileges of the destination folder.

I have check my hard drive space, and there is plenty of room (over 700Gb). I have also checked the write privileges to my destination extraction folder, and that was fine.

Do you know how I can get this to work, or is there an alternative solution to download the software using torrents? I've already tried downloading the .7z file twice and it still does not work. If I go the torrent route, I'd prefer to not have a cracked/illegal copy because I already have a perfectly legit serial key.

Solution
LimitedWard is right, the download from Adobe is a .7z download. I have downloaded directly from Adobe and can confirm the files indeed are in the .7z format. I have also encountered the problem with corrupted downloads and had to download several times before I finally got a download that would work. However, I'm not sure the same key will work on both a Mac and PC since Adobe did not include the Mac and PC version in the same package when you were able to purchase the suites on disc. You can install it on two computers, per the licensing agreement, provided they are the same platform. So you can either install on two Macs and two PCs with the same key but not on a Mac and a PC. Since Adobe has gone to the CC (Creative Cloud)...

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

I think you misunderstand. I downloaded the .7z file directly from the official Adobe website (link here if you don't believe me). I was surprised as well that Adobe would supply the files in a 7-zip format. I already own a legal copy of CS6 Design and Web Premium. I'm just trying to install a second copy to my PC so I can utilize my serial key.

LimitedWard is right, the download from Adobe is a .7z download. I have downloaded directly from Adobe and can confirm the files indeed are in the .7z format. I have also encountered the problem with corrupted downloads and had to download several times before I finally got a download that would work. However, I'm not sure the same key will work on both a Mac and PC since Adobe did not include the Mac and PC version in the same package when you were able to purchase the suites on disc. You can install it on two computers, per the licensing agreement, provided they are the same platform. So you can either install on two Macs and two PCs with the same key but not on a Mac and a PC. Since Adobe has gone to the CC (Creative Cloud) versions this is no longer true. With the CC versions you can install one copy on a PC and one on a Mac. I know that doesn't help with CS6 but without purchasing a Mac version you may be out of luck using the same key on both platforms.

This Adobe community forum on the same question may help: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/332157

Solution

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

Thank you for the insight. I had tried downloading the files again, and it seems to be installing now. Unfortunately, I read your message too late for me to avoid downloading the files at all seeing as I will most likely not be able to use my serial key. I will try anyways, but I suspect I'll have to find a different solution.

If the key fails you could try contacting Adobe customer service and see if there is any way they will help you with this.

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

Yeah that's what I'll have to do. I've heard that you can get Mac products exchanged for PC equivalents at no charge, so that's what I might do. Otherwise, I'll just cough up some money for Creative Cloud.

Thank you again!