Solved! Trouble with minimizing screen when i play my game (call of duty: mw2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

navymiech

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Hello,

I am currenty using a Gateway notebook (model NV5935u). I got this notebook so I can play some games or watch movies when I'm at school or work. The problem is that when I play Call of Duty: MW2, the screen keeps minimizing and go back into full screen. This happens repetitively. For some reason when I play my other games such as L4d2 it runs fine. I am currently running windows 7 for OS. My notebook specs are:

Cpu: I5 mobile,

memory: 4gig of ddr3

video: intel GMA Hd (driver updated)

hdd: 500 gb (about 400gb of free space left with all programs loaded)

I tried closing all other programs when i run my game, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't think it's my video card because it doesn't lag or glitch when I'm in game. Any help is greatly appreciate. thanks for your time.

Solution
It sounds like it is an issue with the game itself. Check out the graphics options for the game and see if there is anything to do with screen size, etc... If that doesn't do the trick, it could be that the game and W7 are having a compatibility issue.
It sounds like it is an issue with the game itself. Check out the graphics options for the game and see if there is anything to do with screen size, etc... If that doesn't do the trick, it could be that the game and W7 are having a compatibility issue.

Solution

navymiech

Distinguished
May 29, 2010

I went back into the video menu to adjust the resolutions and screen size. Nothing really changed. I think you might be right about the game and w7. I've set my screen resolution to 1368 x 768 and my game resolution is set to the recommended spec. I think I need to adjust my w7 screen size to a lower setting instead of the having it on the "recommended" settings it suggested. I also notice that "Steam" cannot sync with my notebook's graphic I"ve assume that is also another problem that is causing my screen to minimize when I'm running my game. I'll will adjust the W7 resolution settings to see if that will have any effect on the game. Thank you for taking your time to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.