Trying to boot from usb or cd but all I get is a black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klajdi5001

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
Hello Guys.
I have an Hp probook, It had windows 7 ultimate.I wanted to install windows 8, I tried to boot from cd and all I get is a black screen, from usb too, once I got till the press any key to boot from usb the moment I press a key it stucks if I dont press the dots continues. I saw a video in youtube about creating a new driver D and putting the win 8 files there and making it active driver and restart, but now it says bootmng missing ctrl alt delete to restart. I can't boot from anywhere now
Any idea ?
Thank u

Solution
Have you changed the boot order in your BIOS settings. Restart and access the BIOS setup window. Find the setting that allows you to tell the computer what in what order it will looks for an OS in. With every computer I get set-up keep or resale i always change the boot order of the BIOS settings.

I make CD/DVD the first boot choice, next I make USB the second choice, finally I make the hard drive the third choice. if you have not already made these changes to your BIOS then make the changes, save, exit BIOS setup and restart your computer. if you want to boot from the USB first make sure you have the USB flash drive with the OS inserted in the USB before you restart. This should resolve your problem.

If not, let me know and we will...

darksky1x

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Have you changed the boot order in your BIOS settings. Restart and access the BIOS setup window. Find the setting that allows you to tell the computer what in what order it will looks for an OS in. With every computer I get set-up keep or resale i always change the boot order of the BIOS settings.

I make CD/DVD the first boot choice, next I make USB the second choice, finally I make the hard drive the third choice. if you have not already made these changes to your BIOS then make the changes, save, exit BIOS setup and restart your computer. if you want to boot from the USB first make sure you have the USB flash drive with the OS inserted in the USB before you restart. This should resolve your problem.

If not, let me know and we will take the next step.

Solution
Mar 20, 2018
fought with this same problem all day and finally figured it out. maybe it will help other people. the problem as the format of the usb. Switched from FAT32 to NTFS and it worked like a charm. Such a stupid little thing wasted so much of my time :pfff:

Reactions: rafaelsenna
Status
Not open for further replies.