Trying to connect my ps4 audio to sound blaster z

fluna200

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I’ve read various explanations but not sure what’s happening. I’m connecting my ps4 to my soundblaster z using my optical audio, but can’t seem to figure out the proper configuration. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks

Solution
Don't have a Creative card, but based on past experience, check the Sounds and Audio Devices section of the Windows Control Panel, and make sure your soundcards optical input is selected as the default Input (not Output) device. You also may have to specifically enable a setting either in the Control Panel or your soundcards software control panel to automatically output incoming audio sources.

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Don't have a Creative card, but based on past experience, check the Sounds and Audio Devices section of the Windows Control Panel, and make sure your soundcards optical input is selected as the default Input (not Output) device. You also may have to specifically enable a setting either in the Control Panel or your soundcards software control panel to automatically output incoming audio sources.

Solution