Trying to connect PC to TV through home theater system

Knails

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
I just bought a Samsung UN70KU6300 TV and I have a Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver. I had a sony TV i connected my PC to through my receiver. When I got the new TV nothing on the receiver changed I just plugged the HDMI out into the TV. When the PC boots i see the post screen and the windows logo then as it gets to the desktop I get no signal.

I can bypass the receiver and see my desktop. I have swapped the cables around they all work with a direct connection. My Wii works through the receiver fine and on the same port that I have the PC on. I contacted support and they had me unplug it for 30 seconds then tell me that Samsung TVs don't work through a home theater system and need a direct connection. I have used my 60in Sony TV as my monitor for my PC through my home theater system for the past few years. Anyone help or any ideas to try would be appreciated. Thanks

The laptop may be detecting the TV and sending 4k into the receiver which it can't pass through to the TV. On your old 1080p TV that wasn't a problem. Try setting the resolution of the laptop manually to 1080p.
If the laptop supports 4k and you want to use it that way then you can use an audio extractor to provide an audio output for the receiverhttps://www.amazon.com/AV-Access-Extractor-Converter-Amplifier/dp/B01IHBG458

Knails

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

Yeah I called Onkyo and they told me about that it cant pass a 4k signal and my second computer worked fine but was not in 4k its a older computer so it did not try and send a 4k signal. So I had to buy a new receiver. Thanks for the Reply