Solved! Trying to connect Tibo TI435 Amp to 2 x Yamaha HS%s

benpowis62

Prominent
Jan 12, 2020
Hi Guys!

I'm having a bit of trouble as I have a couple of Yamaha HS5 studio monitors I was given and I am looking to connect them up to my TV/Projector etc. I've bought a Tibo TI435 Amp and 2 x XLR 3 pin male to banana plug cables (from amazon) to plug the speakers in, the audio is coming through but very quietly, it just about sounds a good volume when I turn the volume on the speakers all the way up and the amp all the way up which just seems off and feels like it's going to damage the speakers. Am I doing something wrong or is this situation doomed for some reason such as incompatibility between devices? Wary that I might just be trying to fit a round peg into a square hole with these studio monitors and I need to just get some new speakers.

Thanks for all your help!

Ben

Solution
Those Yamaha speakers have built in power, you don't use another amp with them. Connect the audio out from whatever you are using with them directly to the speakers. Those are not the best to use with a TV though, I'd use a set that comes in as a pair with a volume control, Edifier makes some nice ones.
Those Yamaha speakers have built in power, you don't use another amp with them. Connect the audio out from whatever you are using with them directly to the speakers. Those are not the best to use with a TV though, I'd use a set that comes in as a pair with a volume control, Edifier makes some nice ones.

Solution