Trying to get Chromecast to play through the receiver.

joshuco

Estimable
Mar 7, 2014
Hello, I'm trying to get a chromecast to play audio through a receiver. The TV is a Sony KD-34XBR960N and my receiver is a Yamaha HTR-5590. The way I have it set up now is that the chromecast is plugged into the TV and a regular Red/White cable is coming out of the TV going into the receiver. I only get really low sound when the volume is all the way up. Is there any way I could fix this?

The audio output on your TV can be either variable (volume changes with TV volume) or fixed (doesn't change with TV volume). If it is in fixed you cannot make it higher but try it in variable (turn the TV speakers off if they are not already off). It may go louder. Also check the input set up menu in the receiver. It might have a way for you to adjust this.
You can also try one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/TC-780LC-Stereo-Booster-BLACK-VERSION/dp/B000RZXAHI

joshuco

Estimable
Mar 7, 2014

Yea I tried switching between variable and fixed and I had to turn the receiver volume up to 0 dB to hear a little sound with a lot of white noise from the speakers. I was reading something about ARC and how that would fix this, but my receiver doesn't support it so I was thinking of purchasing a new one. I'll look into the amp booster once I get my tax return :) . Thank you!