Solved! TUF FX505DT .314 BIOS bug Fans stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2020
My laptop is Tuf FX505DT and i updated my bios to the latest version which is the .314 now im experiencing a bug where the fans stops then run again every 5-6 mins should i downgrade to the previous bios version and is it safe? or should i just wait for the bug to be fixed?

Solution
try downgrading, but often it´s not possible to downgrade the bios version. Instead I would try to reflash the same version again within BIOS using ez-flash menu. Be sure to download the correct BIOS for your specific ASUS model: FX505DT
try downgrading, but often it´s not possible to downgrade the bios version. Instead I would try to reflash the same version again within BIOS using ez-flash menu. Be sure to download the correct BIOS for your specific ASUS model: FX505DT

Solution
Sep 12, 2020
I have downgraded the Bios to Version 310 and fans are working fine now, Thankfully downgrade was possible.
I tried contacting Asus and tell them the issue with this new Bios 314 but they wont listen to me anyway:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: helpstar
Sep 17, 2020
I have downgraded the Bios to Version 310 and fans are working fine now, Thankfully downgrade was possible.
I tried contacting Asus and tell them the issue with this new Bios 314 but they wont listen to me anyway:tearsofjoy:
hey im having the EXACT same issue but on an FX505GT, with the bios307. If i may ask, how were you able to downgrade your bios version???

Sep 12, 2020
hey im having the EXACT same issue but on an FX505GT, with the bios307. If i may ask, how were you able to downgrade your bios version???
Nevermind , dont downgrade, My laptop just stopped suddenly yesterday and wont startup at all.
Contact Asus and tell them to downgrade the Bios.

I downgraded my Bios by reflashing the older Bios version which worked for 1-2days without any issues.

Sep 21, 2020
Nevermind , dont downgrade, My laptop just stopped suddenly yesterday and wont startup at all.
Contact Asus and tell them to downgrade the Bios.

I downgraded my Bios by reflashing the older Bios version which worked for 1-2days without any issues.
Can you please confirm whether your laptop stopped bcoz of downgrading BIOS or any other fault. As i am fed up of this bug and thinking of downgrading my BIOS and is your laptop fine now or it suffered some major problem?

Sep 12, 2020
Can you please confirm whether your laptop stopped bcoz of downgrading BIOS or any other fault. As i am fed up of this bug and thinking of downgrading my BIOS and is your laptop fine now or it suffered some major problem?
I think it was because of downgrade because it was running fine when i had 310 but after updating the bios to 314 my fans were stopping every 5mins so after downgrading it , it ran for max 2 days and suddenly stopped working.
It suffered major issue. Service center told me that motherboard is damaged and it will cost me Rs 42k to replace the motherboard 😂.
I told them to repair the motherboard instead of replacing since it is not under warranty and I don't know how much it will cost.

Two possible reasons according to me, either the laptop power section is damaged or bios is corrupted.
I can only tell after they repair it.

If your laptop is facing any bug due to v314 then take it to service center and tell them to downgrade or tell them to fix the issue.
Don't downgrade it yourself and if it is under warranty then u are safe.

Reactions: k gourav
Status
Not open for further replies.