tv converter box attaching an antenna for over air whenoaial port broke off

wylmaharmon

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
What type of converter box should I get to hook up my TV since the coaxial Port broke off I know I can use the red white and yellow cord is there a place where the on the converter box is there a place where I can screw in the antenna and then would I be able to connect it to my TV to get over-the-air

Solution
As you suggest you need a converter box with AV outputs.If yours has them then you should have been using them all along. You will get a better picture than using the TV tuner via the F connector.
If your TV has component video inputs then get one with that video output since you will likely get an even better picture. If your TV can handle HD then instead of a "converter box" you want an ATSC HD tuner which won't down convert the HD channels.
As you suggest you need a converter box with AV outputs.If yours has them then you should have been using them all along. You will get a better picture than using the TV tuner via the F connector.
If your TV has component video inputs then get one with that video output since you will likely get an even better picture. If your TV can handle HD then instead of a "converter box" you want an ATSC HD tuner which won't down convert the HD channels.

Solution

wylmaharmon

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018