TV Input Changes by Itself

pkreiker

Prominent
May 11, 2017
With no apparent system changes, my Panasonic. when first powered on, has started changing inputs on its own. It changes with no human interaction from Roku 3 to Soundtouch 300. I set it back to Roku, it switches back to Soundtouch. This persists about 30 seconds after turning on TV and Soundbar. The units are connected vial HDMI ARC cable

Thoughts?

pkreiker

Prominent
May 11, 2017
I've turn the air link off.

l now I have to use the TV button, press Source Power, then Power buttons to turn everything on or off.

This is less frustrating, and easier, than reselecting the TV input multiple times.

pkreiker

Prominent
May 11, 2017

pkreiker

Prominent
May 11, 2017
turned off the Viera Link on my TV.

I now turn on/off my system by hitting TV, Source Power, then Power, then Aux, on my Panasonic remote.

This is much easier, and far less intellectually challenging, then hitting Power, TV, TV Input, selecting Roku an indefinite number of times, then Exit, Aux. My final answer.l

Apr 4, 2018

What is a CEC? I don't see that in the menu anywhere. I'm having the same spurious inputs problem. Cycles thru channels and inputs, goes to black snow screen.

Dec 26, 2018
My Samsung tv was switching input sources automatically and it was so annoying. I removed the back of the tv and cleaned the mother board. I wiped and blow dried it. Since I did that I haven't had any more issues with my tv. I was not going to spend $250 to fix it like the tv repair man quote.