Not open for further replies.

Mekku

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
So I have the following:

TV: LG 60UJ634V
Android Box: H96 Pro + (Android 7.1)
Android Box Remote: Mele F10

So the problem is that when I press the right directional button on the TV remote, it causes the Android box to show a "Screen position" screen where I can zoom the picture in or out.

The only changes I made to the Android box was change the launcher (using TV Launcher), but the problem existed even with the terrible launcher it came with out of the box. As for the remote, I utilized its IR learning to copy some of the TV's controls onto its TV profile. So consequently, if I press the right directional button while using the TV profile, the same thing happens.

I've already tried a few things:

a) Disabled HDMI CEC
b) Unplug the HDMI cable of the box from the TV - pressed right on TV remote - reconnected the HDMI - "Screen Position" is shown
c) Reset F10 remote's settings
d) Disable some shifty-looking bundled apps

I'm out of ideas. It's so annoying to keep getting that screen whenever the TV remote/profile are used. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mekku

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016

What I can do about this though? Can I disable the box's IR or make it ignore that remote button? Thanks

Aug 24, 2018
I had the exact same problem. Unfortunately the IR codes on the android box and tv have some the exact same codes.
I got a 2.4gHZ keyboard that I plugged in to the USB port on the android box and used that as a remote instead. Only solution I could find or think of. it's actually better having a dedicated mouse and keyboard on the android box anyways.

Jun 21, 2021
I had the exact same problem. Unfortunately the IR codes on the android box and tv have some the exact same codes.
I got a 2.4gHZ keyboard that I plugged in to the USB port on the android box and used that as a remote instead. Only solution I could find or think of. it's actually better having a dedicated mouse and keyboard on the android box anyways.
That isn't a solution. It's not going to stop the TV remote interferimg with the android box. I have the same issue and the only solutions are to either block the IR sensor on the front of the X96 so the remote signal doesn't reach it or to flash the box with a new firmware that doesn't support the remote (This is extensively documented all over the web but do it at your own risk and read-up on the subject before you attempt it. Flashing the wrong firmware can brick the device).

I have a USB air mouse / keyboard and never use the remote that came with the X96 but that doesn't stop undesired things happening on the box when I try to adjust TV settings with the LG remote. My temporary workaround (still not what I'd call a "solution") is to sit something in front of the X96 blocking the IR sensor if I need to adjust TV settings such as brightness, contrast etc. Still less than ideal.

Another possible workaround would be to uninstall or disable the apps on the x96 that the LG remote is launching - it can't launch something that isn't there! That's a more elegant workaround but it assumes that you don't need or use the apps you're removing. Luckily, in my case it's just a primitive media browser that I would never use as I have Kodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.