TV with best 1080p Picture for money (2016 edition)

Jack_102

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
I saw this question posed a few years ago, but I had figured that enough has changed since then that it would be worth asking again.

Basically, I already have a nifty little setup involving a 5.1 receiver, HTPC, and virtually everything else covered, so features like "Smart" TV, speaker quality, # of HDMI ports, etc. are not needed in the slightest.

What I am looking for is solely the best quality picture for the price.

Now, given that 4k is coming on, few 1080p TVs cost more than $1k, so I am looking more for a refurbished model that costs somewhere around $400-$500 for a 55".

I currently have a Vizio e400i-b2, but there are a lot of models at this price that boast different refresh rates, dimming arrays, etc., and I fell into analysis paralysis.

I've been looking at the following models I could find in my price range:

- Vizio E550i-b2 ($490)
- Samsung UN55J520D ($425)
- LG 55LF6000 ($400)
- LG 55LB5900 ($425)
- Samsung UN55H6203AFB ($475)

Any ideas or comments you all might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Solution
In case anyone was wondering, I ended up going with the Samsung H6203. It's a bit ugly, but it's basically a budget version of the H6350, which is an excellent TV, and the budget aspect didn't affect the picture at all. The E Series was a close second, with the 5200 and LGs trailing. From talking to people, getting a native 120hz refresh rate is important, and apparently the full array of the E Series actually hurts picture quality instead of helping it.

If anyone has any questions on how the TV is now that I bought it (I also got a 3 year protection plan for $52), let me know. Thanks for reading.

Jack_102

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
In case anyone was wondering, I ended up going with the Samsung H6203. It's a bit ugly, but it's basically a budget version of the H6350, which is an excellent TV, and the budget aspect didn't affect the picture at all. The E Series was a close second, with the 5200 and LGs trailing. From talking to people, getting a native 120hz refresh rate is important, and apparently the full array of the E Series actually hurts picture quality instead of helping it.

If anyone has any questions on how the TV is now that I bought it (I also got a 3 year protection plan for $52), let me know. Thanks for reading.

Solution