Two sets of wires out of AIWA speakers to connect to AKAI AM-2200 amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2017
I have Two AIWA speakers model SX-FN550 and they have 2 sets of wires coming out from the back. One is from the woofer and is 6ohm-50w, the other is from the surround speakers and is 16ohm-20w ending in an RCA jack.
I need to connect these speakers to an AKAI AM-2200 which has 2 different outputs A and B of 4-16ohm but A+B of 8-16ohm... so, I am quite confused on how make connection... Here I also put an image of both, speakers and amplifier.
Any suggestions on how to do it?
Thanks for your help.
23172816_1856255504403907_5470374881902688458_n.jpg

dsc01768.jpg

Solution
Yes.
That will give you a primitive surround sound effect but since it was meant to be used with separate speakers placed behind you rather than inside the front speakers there is no way to know if it will sound better.
The speakers should work fine with just the main speaker input from the A terminals.
Nov 3, 2017

So should I connect the black wire and keep the yellow-black free?
I post here one more image of the output of the original AIWA system

5vakWU.jpg

Connect the main speaker wires (no RCA plug) to the A speaker terminals on the stereo receiver. That will certainly work.
You can also try cutting off the RCA plug and connected the "surround speaker" to the B speaker terminals on the stereo receiver but in a different way.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/haflers-passive-pseudo-quadraphonic-speaker-hookup-using-a-stereo-amp.125805/
I don't know if you will find this an improvement. You can compare the difference by selecting A or A+B on the front panel of the receiver. It is safe to hook it up this way.

Nov 3, 2017

Do you mean I should connect the + of the "surround speaker" to the positive B terminal and the negatives of the speakers wired together?

Yes.
That will give you a primitive surround sound effect but since it was meant to be used with separate speakers placed behind you rather than inside the front speakers there is no way to know if it will sound better.
The speakers should work fine with just the main speaker input from the A terminals.

Solution
Nov 3, 2017

Thank you so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.