typing from the keyboard is slow, it can't keep up.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JGeng09

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
Thanks for your answer. I wonder if there is something wrong with the new HP laptop with only an i3 processor at only 1.6GHZ and Windows 10 or simply the internet speed at certain times. I'm paying extra for Comcast Boost but typing 10 letters in the search yields 2 and then slowly ads the rest occasionally.. Since it also started hanging up, I did a restore and getting ready to send it back to HSN. Plan to buy a better Laptop from HP using their config system to get the processor, memory, color and graphic card I need for a good price especially with the coupons for up to $275 off. I've never had the problem on my XP Desktop except for occasional Web searches on Holiday weekends. I'll save your answer and try it the next time it happens. Thanks

jonojazz

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
I was having a similar problem with the newest version of MS Outlook in Office 365 (v.16). Several of my templates have graphic (.png) files. These had been inserted with the MS insert picture command. I deleted these and copy/pasted them from CorelDraw and the slow keyboard went away.

DaVincePH

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

This sounded absurd with all that caps lock... but I felt stupid after trying it because he's right. The battery caused the input lag.

D

Deleted member 2090406