U.S. Will Issue Terrorism Alerts via Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogien8

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Nice to meet you nobody. I just wonder if the government thinks we're supposed to just trust it after 9/11. Where was the warning then?

zkevwlu

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
[citation][nom]boogien8[/nom]Nice to meet you nobody. I just wonder if the government thinks we're supposed to just trust it after 9/11. Where was the warning then?[/citation]

When 9/11 happened half the country didn't have Internet and the ones that did used 28.8/56 kBPS dialups... WTF did you expect the government to do, send 300 million text messages to everyone's phone?

boogien8

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
When 9/11 happened half the country didn't have Internet and the ones that did used 28.8/56 kBPS dialups... WTF did you expect the government to do, send 300 million text messages to everyone's phone?
Don't be stupid! oops! too late. We still have radios and television don't we? I dont remember of any warning on TV or Radio prior to the attacks do you?

Anyway, like "real" terrorists would give warning before they attacked lol. Like any real entity that threatened America would warn us before launching an attack. Remember Pearl Harbor? There is no credible way to know of an impending attack unless they are tracking incoming missiles and trust me, you would do yourself a favor and bed over and kiss your @$$ good-bye hehe.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
F*ckface-CIA ties, Homeland Paranoia sees the opportunity, or was it already planned? Oh, sorry if I offended you, bunch of sheeps.

boogien8

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
if we were attacked the first thing they take out is communications anyway, the only thing this is good for is knowing "after the fact"

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
@boogien8

You are putting too much effort into trying to prove the obvious, if someone can't understand just by seeing what's happening before our eyes, or are just too stubborn to admit it well, you get my point...

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
only 2 levels? What about "actually, we're OK"?

Oh yeah, with the level of meddling the West has in Middle Eastern affairs and the rampant growth of Islamist zeal (NOT Islamic - totally different and important difference), I guess America will never have a need for a 3rd level.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
If a source of threat is perceived it's time to act and neutralize it rather than spreading fear and paranoia among civilians. Alerts are there for predicted assaults during war and it only proves the army is not powerful enough (or not skilled) to hold off the invasion.

dfusco

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Yeah! Also the Japanese Government should have provided a warning BEFORE the earthquake! What up with these all seeing all competent govs holding out on us :)

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Wow I will sign up to both immediately, NOT.
So fraulein Janet Napolitano and her gestapo goons (including the TSA) think we should all have a Facebook account. I know they mine it and track the crap out it, probably one reason I will never sign up for any of the social media sites.

G

All violence is terrorism, and government is rule by violence. Take away violence, and you have no government, only community. Those who threaten and commit violence are terrorists, which equals government.

Vanilla ice cream is still ice cream, chocolate ice cream is still ice cream. Government violence, or lone crazy person violence is still violence and it is still terrorism, no matter who commits it.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]deadmeow[/nom]All violence is terrorism, and government is rule by violence. Take away violence, and you have no government, only community. Those who threaten and commit violence are terrorists, which equals government. Vanilla ice cream is still ice cream, chocolate ice cream is still ice cream. Government violence, or lone crazy person violence is still violence and it is still terrorism, no matter who commits it.[/citation]

Right on.

G

Yeah! Also the Japanese Government should have provided a warning BEFORE the earthquake!
they did. japan earthquake alert system is very good comparing to the world. my hand phone alerted of seismic activities before the quake hits. other people phones around me were too. also if you lived in a good apartment, they will have an alert system too. overall, japan were prepared for earthquakes; but underestimated the power of the tsunami.

Status
Not open for further replies.