UD network comparrison

G

Hi all UD people!

What’s up with this UD network comparison?
A while back UD changed their Network comparison card and since then I have been lucky to score 60 directly against it, use to get 100-110. My system on all the other comparisons kills the UD unit but this network thing is dragging down my scores something shocking. Do you have to be living next door to the data centre to get a good connection, or is it a case of card comparison only?

If it’s a case of a new network card then I will get one. :wink:

The other thing I noticed is I can only get 5Gb storage now although I have selected 10Gb.

<font color=orange>Beam</font color=orange><font color=red> me</font color=red><font color=green> up</font color=green><font color=blue> Scotty</font color=blue> :wink:

Yahiko81

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2001
I noticed my network card also sucks really bad in UD. I don't know what's up with it. I have a built in 3Com NIC. My scores range anywhere from 40 to 70.

<b>If you make a sytem that even an idiot can use, only an idiot will use it!!</b>

G

Ooooh, had a winge to UD management about it and suddenly I am now scoring 100 for network again.lol.Coincedence.

All I need now is for the storage score to be increased and I should be back up to a score of 150 overall.

<font color=orange>Beam</font color=orange><font color=red> me</font color=red><font color=green> up</font color=green><font color=blue> Scotty</font color=blue> :wink:

G

:frown: Was a once of thing it seems. Still weird how I complain and instantly the network score goes up, even once.

DarkPhire

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
hehe, i know how you feel... The UD network measurement usually measures your actual internet bandwidth to that of the network card involved... sometimes it scrwes up and gives even dial up users a 100... but for the most part even cable modem users only get about 50 or 60.

As for the HDD shownig 5 gigs its annoying i agree... its "known issue" at UD but I think they just dont want people getting a high rating from HDD space... even though people with slower computers can still get the 10 gb rating.. *sigh oh well*

--DarkPhire(United Devices team : AMDZONE.com; Member name : The Collective)

G

Well why dont they make it fair with ONE calculation based on time taken to do the WU. IMO that would work with Pentium II's all the way up, bigger machines finish quicker and therefore score better, same goes for leaving the pc on 24/7.
But hey, leave it to a University to complicate it and make work for them selves. :wink:

camieabz

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
Here's one.

I have a score of 69 for the storage part. UD obviously looks at the capacity of your C: drive and calculates from there. I have 2 x 40GB on RAID 0, but my C: partition is 3.5GB

Not fair. :mad:

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>

G

lol, I have 72GB spare total and on C:\ I have 13gb spare, still only get 5GB although I have preferenced 10GB. As darky said above they are working on it, but isn't all about a good cause?
Sure it is, but I bet all us providing free CPU time don't even get a cent of the gazillions they will make when they do find the cure!

camieabz

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
If its a government funded project, the government will take the credit. The cash will also go to the government. So hopefully I can get a tax rebate on the grounds that I did crucial work for the government without wages.

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>

G

Na, they sell it cheap, Pill makers get the profits!

That only works if ya on the dole.