Ultraportable vs. Tablet

Enginerd

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
Hi All,

I am trying to decide whether to buy an Ultra-portable Notebook or an Android Tablet. Specifically I have been looking at the ASUS U33JC-A1, which can be had for about $600, or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1(the new, thin version), which can be had for $500-600 (or possibly the ASUS Slider Tab, not sure exactly what it is called :( ). (Yes, I realize that neither of these tablets are not currently on the market, but they will be within the next month. :D )

For the next year, I will be using it for college. I am a fourth year Aerospace Engineering Student.
I have become tired of carrying my Sager NP5797(desktop replacement) around and would like something lighter.

So please discuss, give me your opinion, and help me make this choice.
Cause at this point I am so ridiculously undecided. :p

Thanks.

Justin

panachronic

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Unless all of your classes are in angry birds, or you are planning on double majoring in multimedia, save yourself some regret and get the 12-13" ultra portable. I'm an engineer, have several computers, and I've got a couple of tablets... that my wife uses.. Don't get me wrong, they are nice for email, and browsing the web, but they are essentially a technological step backwards in terms of overall capability - at this point anyway.