UN Selecting Ambassador for Alien Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I wouldn´t worry much about aliens.

Most of us here at Tom are experts in wipping aliens, we had good traiining with AVP Halo or Crysis. But I´ll need to upgrade my rig to properly face them

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
If there were aliens advanced enough to reach earth by themselves we wouldn't have a choice whether or not they knew we were here

danieth

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
And in other news, the UN hires a first sighting meteor adviser, just in case we see a meteor, this official is on call any time, just because you never know when a world ending meteor will hit...

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
you guys will call me nuts if you want but they are coming. and it wont be long. a few more years at most. might want to find some tunnels.

wing2010

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
The Ambassador's Office should be on the Moon. By the time the Alien arrived, he or she should be the first to ask whether they bring any food or plant before entering Earth's atmosphere...

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
If aliens came they wouldn't make contact. They'd blend in with the crowd and study us. Then send signal to mother-ship/Base to either make formal contact or Annihilate based on what they learned about us.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
its not that stupid, what if aliens came to us and said "well, we didn't know who to talk to". i feel sorry for him, he will have to explain away so much, like the fact that we have trouble tolerating other humans, much less aliens.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Well they more than likely think its a joke. [citation][nom]utengineer[/nom]I wonder what the Vatican thinks about this.[/citation]

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
If/when an alien species reaches earth and decides to make contact, we aren't going to really have much leverage in what takes place at that point. If a species is that far advanced to make it this far, there is definitely a reason and our opinion won't matter much in the outcome.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]its not that stupid, what if aliens came to us and said "well, we didn't know who to talk to". i feel sorry for him, he will have to explain away so much, like the fact that we have trouble tolerating other humans, much less aliens.[/citation]
Yea an advanced species capable of interstellar travel won't know who the leader or leaders on this planet are, kind of downplaying their intelligence a bit there aren't you?

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
^Guess it explains why all those back-woods rednecks are the only ones they abduct; not leaders of countries. Also, why do they like cows? Interstellar BBQ's?

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
ET has landed! All he needs now is a job. You can't send him home because he's got a green card, but SETI doesn't understand Spanish, because they deported everyone who spoke it. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS