louboutin1

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Hi all!
So basically a family member bought a new ultrabook more or less two years ago, but ended up not using it more than one or two weeks, as work provided one. (bit unlucky/lucky there).
The other day, my laptop broke down, so he gave me his(which he had kind of forgotten that he had..) but now when I try to use it, it's just super slow and laggy. Impossible to even stream a youtube series in fullscreen. If I try to make a window bigger by dragging, it will leave a black trail behind, before it actually gets bigger, and when I try to change tabs in chrome it will take a second or two. I dont know how else to explain it really...I've also monitored the processes tab, and whenever I open for instance chrome it will burst from 3% CPU usage to 100 and stay there for a good 15seconds making the computer useless for that time... Certainly this cant be normal for a "new" computer like this..?
System specs: Asus U36S, 8g ram, intel core i5 2430M, 2.4ghz, running w7 64bit, gforce gt520 1gb.
If there's any more specific details I can provide you with, please let me know!
I dont understand how it can be this "slow" compared to my 5year old laptop which was working wonders until the other day...I have tried to update the drivers for videocards, cpu etc, but it says the most recent is installed...
Please help me out,
Best regards!

louboutin1

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

I guess I can restore windows if I spam f9 on startup, but its sort of a last disision for me, as Im not very familiar with how to redownload all new drivers needed etc...also, what will happen to my microsoft office that I paid for..? (no cd's..)
Do you think its the only solution, in that case I will of course do it.
Thanks for answer!