Monti99

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am using Dell Latitude E6420 running on windows 10, which has Intel HD graphics 3000 powered by NVIDIA NVS 4200M. Since couple of days i am trying to connect my laptop to an external monitor (BenQ GL2250) with VGA cable, my laptop is detecting the monitor, am able to even change the resolution of external monitor, am able to do pretty much everything (Settings, changing resolutions, preferences...etc), but monitor still says NO SIGNAL.

Things i have tried:

-Changing the mode (Duplicate, extended..) using Fn keys and also from graphic properties.

-Updated graphics drivers of both.

-Updated monitor drivers.

-I have checked monitor by connecting to my friend laptop which is running on
windows 7, it works fine. so there is no problem with monitor and VGA cable.

-I have even installed UBUNTU and tried but no use.

I'd be glad, if someone can help me out. Thanks.

-

Solution
Hi,

Press the Windows key + P and select either Duplicate or Extended see if that does the trick. If it doesn't try to uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics card driver.

- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Feature
- Download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed
- Try connecting the external monitor again.
Hi,

Press the Windows key + P and select either Duplicate or Extended see if that does the trick. If it doesn't try to uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics card driver.

- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Feature
- Download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed
- Try connecting the external monitor again.

Solution