unalble to move apps to SD card - Samsung S5 neo

Rob_62

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Up until today, I was able to move my apps to and from the SD card without issue. Now starting today, I can't. the screen just stays on the "moving app" screen and does nothing, all the apps currently on the SD card work fine.

I tried restarting and unmounting/remounting the card. No help.

Last night I installed AVG security so I thought that might be the issue. I unstalled AVG and restarted, also no help.

Solution
It is possible that the additions and permissions could have had an effect. Usually that won't, but ya never know with all the apps out there. Best thing I could suggest is to uninstall that and restart the phone, then see if it works again. If it does, you may need to use a different program for email.

Rob_62

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Hi;
thanks for answering. it's a brand new phone. I had set up the sd card as internal storage and was able to move apps to it with no issue for about 3 days. now I can't do it anymore. it just gets stuck. the apps currently on the SD card work fine but I can't get more on. I am able to get music and videos onto it.

There is still 29 GB left available on the card.

Is it possible that Exchange Server would affect this? I had set up my work email yesterday and it wanted a crap load of permissions including SD card encryption.

Also tried AVG yesterday too.

Rob_62

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

Hi;
thanks for answering. it's a brand new phone. I had set up the sd card as internal storage and was able to move apps to it with no issue for about 3 days. now I can't do it anymore. it just gets stuck. the apps currently on the SD card work fine but I can't get more on. I am able to get music and videos onto it.

There is still 29 GB left available on the card.

Is it possible that Exchange Server would affect this? I had set up my work email yesterday and it wanted a crap load of permissions including SD card encryption.

Also tried AVG yesterday too.

It is possible that the additions and permissions could have had an effect. Usually that won't, but ya never know with all the apps out there. Best thing I could suggest is to uninstall that and restart the phone, then see if it works again. If it does, you may need to use a different program for email.

Solution

KRIDDERLY

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017

Did you solve this, been hunting all night for someone having same issue