Unlocking my new x3 440!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamahaalex37

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
So I've got a BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ and an Athlon x3 440 being mailed to my house so that I can try to unlock the 440. Can anyone confirm if the BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ can unlock cores? There is a Bios available from Biostar for this motherboard that says: "Support F6 unlocKING function". So I just need to flash to this bios and that's it?

Does anybody know where the simplest tutorial to follow for unlocking is? I will definitely post my results as well as performance increase. Also will it decrease my chances of unlocking if i run the x3 440 as is for a while?

OvrClkr

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
yep, just make sure you have the correct bios..

From Biostar

BIOSTAR “BIO-unlocKING” utility, an exclusive development from BIOSTAR that provides an ease of use interface for overclocking the hidden CPU cores. This time it is not only limited to unlock a 2 core processor into a 4 cores, but also capable of unlocking a 4 core processor into a 6 cores. BIOS will automatically detect the numbers of hidden cores during installation; users just simply press the “F6” button to unlock. The “BIO-unlocKING” utility is available on every BIOSTAR 8xx series motherboard.

Also will it decrease my chances of unlocking if i run the x3 440 as is for a while?

nope ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.