Solved! unnecessary asus preinstalled programs/apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefrey195762

Honorable
Jan 2, 2016
of the following programs on my one year old asus laptop, which are unnecessary:live update; ptp driver; splendid video enhancement technology; atk package; audio wizard;device setup; winflash. also could you direct me to article about which windows 10 apps can be uninstalled without any effect on laptop use. my laptop has been lagging lately and trying to minimize programs/apps. thanks in advance...

Solution
Can't say off hand which program is and isn't important as there isn't enough information. I suggest you do some research online into each of the programs to find out what they are used for and then you will know if you need to keep them. While they may not be necessary to one person they could be necessary to another due to other programs that may be using them. To many variables.

You should try doing some good deep antivirus and anti-malware scans which will help you find and remove problems. I also suggest using "disk cleanup" to help remove a lot of unwanted things. Then clear out your browser history and cache (just save anything you want to keep first) which will also clean up a lot. Then reboot (turn off and back on) the...
Can't say off hand which program is and isn't important as there isn't enough information. I suggest you do some research online into each of the programs to find out what they are used for and then you will know if you need to keep them. While they may not be necessary to one person they could be necessary to another due to other programs that may be using them. To many variables.

You should try doing some good deep antivirus and anti-malware scans which will help you find and remove problems. I also suggest using "disk cleanup" to help remove a lot of unwanted things. Then clear out your browser history and cache (just save anything you want to keep first) which will also clean up a lot. Then reboot (turn off and back on) the computer. This should help.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.