Unpatchable Flash Flaw Puts Users, Sites At Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
"According to Macworld, hackers can exploit a flaw in Flash..."

I stopped taking this seriously at this line.

What next?

"Acording to Macworld, pedophiles can pray on children who own Windows PCs..."

I read up a bit on this and it is an easily traceable hole. Sure hackers can exploit it, but its not a very serious threat. Seriously, Apple fails again.

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Adobe needs to get a handle on their products. It just seems to be an endless stream of security flaws that come to light.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]The_Blood_Raven[/nom]"According to Macworld, hackers can exploit a flaw in Flash..."I stopped taking this seriously at this line.What next?"Acording to Macworld, pedophiles can pray on children who own Windows PCs..."I read up a bit on this and it is an easily traceable hole. Sure hackers can exploit it, but its not a very serious threat. Seriously, Apple fails again.[/citation]This!

Even /. comments from anonymous cowards are more credible for "exploits" than a mac site. I've also noticed a lot more tech news being picked up there. Maybe you guys should be expanding your parrot reporting skills.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/09/11/12/2337236/Flash-Vulnerability-Found-Adobe-Says-No-Fix-Forthcoming

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]Maybe they'll fix this when they FINALLY COME OUT WITH FREAKIN 64 BIT FLASH!>.>[/citation]
We could only wish...

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I have a love/hate relationship with flash. I love what it can do (vector art/animation, video player, games), but I hate when it's abused (flash ads, security problems)

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Seriosly I'm not surprised. Flash has been taken up by 1 year old programmers (1 year out vocational school that is ) as an easy way to call yourself a programmer and sell your worthless skills. Imaginge the Windows OS becoming popular among Mac users. That's Flash.

p.s. blame the spelling/grammar the flask of scotch

duzcizgi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Hmm...
As a programmer, I can say that the "security flaw" that is exposed here is inherent in *any* client side programming techniques available for world wide web, be it ajax or flash or silverlight or whatever.

The client side application/applet/script/scriptlet trusts the server that they were originated from. That's perfectly logical.

You can think about it this way: You're the embassy personal sent from your country to another country. Then with some coup d'etat the government is overthrown in your home country and a military junta is ruling there. You will obey exactly what your new government says.

duzcizgi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Strange.
Why did I get a thumbs down?

If I am mistaken, please write it down. So that I can also learn about the mistake I made.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Flash is a disease that has infected all major websites and needs to be eradicated. Bring on HTML5![/citation]

because that won't have any security holes? its not like, "its not 'java' or 'flash' its just simple old html, what could possibly go wrong?" if its become as sophisticated as flash or java, it will have the same problems. more so if its new.

also, thats an awesome pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.