Unreal Engine 3 Game on iPhone is 'Infinity Blade'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Well it's not like these devices have a native 1080p resolution or anything like that. Gets a LOT easier to process that kind of eye candy when you hit the lower resolutions and AA isn't exactly necessary on an iPhone or iPod screen. iPad, maybe, but I doubt the majority of potential buyers would even care...

G

nice! looking forward to see more games for the ios platform

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Call me old fashion but why can`t a phone be a phone and a gaming console a gaming console? I bet it`s more appealing to play a good eye candy game on your large TV screen than on that iphone ... ok i get the ideea , you have an iphone for the bling .. but gaming on it ? I just wonder when this iphone fever will dissapear since at this moment it seems there no boundry what people are trying to put in that little device .. even if it has no purpose at all. Is more like a tiny computer with a phone in it .. but who would want to buy a tiny computer ? but a phone with a computer in it is awesome ... w/e

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
That entire comment from Ohim makes no sense. If a product has the capability to combine capabilities from multiple related devices into a single unit...thats progress. It doesn't mean its not the same product nor does it reduce the original functionality of the product. You can still use it as a phone. However if you want to do more with it, you can. Why limit yourself just to limit yourself.

As for the comment, "I just wonder when this iphone fever will dissapear since at this moment it seems there no boundry what people are trying to put in that little device .. even if it has no purpose at all. Is more like a tiny computer with a phone in it .. but who would want to buy a tiny computer ? but a phone with a computer in it is awesome ... w/e"

Umm wtf? A tiny computer with a phone in it or a phone with a computer...its the same damn thing. That statement makes no sense what so ever.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Call me a noob but I think I just got my mind blown. If this is really going to look that amazing on the iPhone/touch then color me amazed. That was beautiful.

paigeinfull

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
[citation][nom]jazz84[/nom]Well it's not like these devices have a native 1080p resolution or anything like that. Gets a LOT easier to process that kind of eye candy when you hit the lower resolutions and AA isn't exactly necessary on an iPhone or iPod screen. iPad, maybe, but I doubt the majority of potential buyers would even care...[/citation]
I think 960 x 640 is a high resolution for a gpu that runs in a phone, especially for game engines of this caliber. On another note phones with virtual controls will never succeed as serious gaming devices.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
wish this game was on a real console, or even handheld, at least the pc, because i will never buy a "smart phone" something about paying 800$ for a phone, or 3grand pluss when you take into account the service provider, that really makes me not what one considering they are CONSTANTLY evolving, as in nearly every month something new and better hits, and to be locked into a 2 year or 3year contract... so not worth it.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]wish this game was on a real console, or even handheld, at least the pc, because i will never buy a "smart phone" something about paying 800$ for a phone, or 3grand pluss when you take into account the service provider, that really makes me not what one considering they are CONSTANTLY evolving, as in nearly every month something new and better hits, and to be locked into a 2 year or 3year contract... so not worth it.[/citation]

Hmmm.... a decent smart phone costs only $300-500. 36 months of service = about $2000. That really isn't that expensive... if you need it. If you don't need a smartphone, don't get one.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Now make it on the android. And lets kickstart a new era of smartphones having a lotta stuff run on the Unreal Engine. Like a sweetass UI?

G

lol, never coming to Android. Games like this can't run in a JavaVM guys.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]valcron[/nom]That entire comment from Ohim makes no sense. If a product has the capability to combine capabilities from multiple related devices into a single unit...thats progress. It doesn't mean its not the same product nor does it reduce the original functionality of the product. You can still use it as a phone. However if you want to do more with it, you can. Why limit yourself just to limit yourself. As for the comment, "I just wonder when this iphone fever will dissapear since at this moment it seems there no boundry what people are trying to put in that little device .. even if it has no purpose at all. Is more like a tiny computer with a phone in it .. but who would want to buy a tiny computer ? but a phone with a computer in it is awesome ... w/e"Umm wtf? A tiny computer with a phone in it or a phone with a computer...its the same damn thing. That statement makes no sense what so ever.[/citation]
I won`t go into details about the computer in a phone and a phone in the computer, of what i wanted to say :) And the rest of my comment was about this hype about iphone, i have a smartphone also .. but from all the things that it can do i still use only the phone / photos and mesaging from it the rest is just useless bling for the average user , maybe to bussines man it can add mail and office but the rest ? 3D gaming? "HD movies? on a 4-7 inch screen? yeah right and so on.. sorry to break your bubble but those tons of other things that you can do is only for highschool kids to impress the chicks with it :) I bet t hat if you make a survey : "What features you use daily on your iPhone?" it will come out with only making phone calls, texting, and some internet surfing, and the ocasional taking pictures.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Well, it essentially looks like Dreamcast (perhaps more like game cube) level power + shaders. If developers take the time to code efficiently I can see getting more out of the icrap 4 than that. Still, I'd rather have an andriod phone :p

daviper1996

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
I just played the video on a 3GS so I can vouch for smooth game play!! People are finally realizing the limitless potential of Apple!

bmouse

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
@daviper1996 - LOL.... um, wow. I really have a hard time believing this is an earnest statement. Is this some anti-apple guy trying to make apple people look (more) retarded? Seriously though...to comment to this 'statement' - Video is not equal to rendered images. Video is displaying pictures really fast. The actual game, when you play it (other than watching a movie of it....lol) has to do a ton more 'thinking' to know where to place every rock, how big the rock needs to be, what color it needs to be, what shadows may be on the rock, the shadow the rock itself casts, the weight of the rock (if any physics calculations will be used in the game) etc...etc...etc.... So um, yeah....

PS, I've been on this site for a while now, but your post made me actually sign up (and laugh hard).

xFriarx

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
@ohim. I hope ur trolling...lol...but I love having an "all in one" device granted it may not be the best at everything it does but at least it can do everything (well not everything...but alot.) Infact typing this right now on my phone lol. And yes I do watch vids and game as well. (hopefully this comes out for android lookin for a game with decent eye candy.) Just because you don't use something doesn't mean companies should halt development and nobody else should be able to use it to...hopefully it doesn't bother u that much cuz its only going to get worse.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.