Unremovable advertisement on my browsers.

Tourage

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
0ewUkb3.jpg

Can you see it? It's a black square with the "X - close" option on the upper-right corner... it always appears on the same place in lots of websites.

Here are some facts that may help you out help me out.
1- It happens in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

2- If I turn my Adblock off, the advertisement appears inside the borderline(square).

3- I have 4 extensions on chrome, but I've tried deactivating and nothing changes.(since it happens in IE also, this may not be the problem).

4- I've tried using Avast scan, Malwarebyte scan and Adwcleaner, but didn't help at all.

5- I've searched for something weird installed on my PC in "Programs and Features" and also with the Revouninstaller, but didn't find anything.

6- My last resort was to use a Restore Point... After I restored the black borderlines weren't showing up, but after some time they started appearing... tried restoring 2 times, but the same thing happened.

Please Help me, I don't feel like formating my PC because of this crap. But if it persists I'll have too.

halpppp

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Is it only appearing in your browser? What about your desktop? Have you tried installing a 3rd Party Startup Manager to see which programs are starting up on boot? BTW, don't bother with MSConfig.. that only shows a tiny handful of startups. If it's appearing in two different browsers... then it has to be some kind of malware that installs to all browsers. If you want, why not try SuperAntiSpyware FREE edition.. that's what I use.

Tourage

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

lol, did you even bother reading the post?

Tourage

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

ok, I'll try scanning with the superantispyware, but what about the startup manager? do you know a good one? and simple to use

Tourage

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

the superantispyware cleaned some stuff, but it didn't work =/

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
It's obvious this is coming from something you installed.. Do you remember how long ago this first appeared? I would try uninstalling everything from your computer from about a week prior to this first appearing.

You also said this was in both IE and Chrome. Just for the heck of it... why not install firefox or opera and seeing if it appears in that browser as well.

May I ask... how long have you had your current install? Windows pretty much requires a new/fresh install every six months to keep it running smooth. If you've had it for a few years why not just back up the data you want to save and start off fresh and new?

Tourage

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

I did a Restore System for more than 2 weeks go... this crap started showing up even on websites that I use everyday. I'm in 4 different forums trying to find a way to fix it, but it seems impossible... I will end up formating my pc... I just didn't want do that because I'll feel defeated

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

System Restore usually usually only works less than half the time when you need it... so it's quite unreliable. You should be making Image Backups instead..

Tourage

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

It actually worked after the system restore, but after some hours it started showing up again... that's my biggest fear, if it start appearing after I format... It'll be probably because of some website or program that I use... but I didn't start using nothing new recently.