"unsupported signal please check output device"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamers14

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I have a Sony Bravia klv24p412b 24 inch LED TV. I tried connecting my ps3 using the hdmi cable to the tv. It gives an error message"unsupported signal please check output device". Please help me solve this problem! The hdmi cable works fine because I tried it with the laptop and it worked just fine. But when coming to the ps3 this is not the case.

Solution
that's only its "native resolution", it supports a number of resolutions. Likely issue, is some wrong setting in the basic setup of the tv... probably something to do with with various international video signals that it supports and that need to be set appropriately.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
try another resolution.

unplug the hdmi cable at the tv. unplug the tv from the wall, reset the ps3. plug the tv into the wall and turn it on, check which inputs are "visble" (eg. not grey out / missing). The hdmi one should be gone. Turn the set off, plug in the hdmi cable at the tv, plug in cable at the ps3. turn set on, check input status. power up the ps3, select in the input. Hopefully, the system will come up.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
that's only its "native resolution", it supports a number of resolutions. Likely issue, is some wrong setting in the basic setup of the tv... probably something to do with with various international video signals that it supports and that need to be set appropriately.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.