Upgrade HP Pavilion 15 AU620TX Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubham_41

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
Hello There I want To Upgrade My Laptop's (HP Pavilion 15 AU620TX ) Storage to M.2 Is It Possible

Also When I Play Games Over Charging (Adapter) The Games Run Smooth, As soon as I Disconnect The AC Adapter The Games Starts Lagging, What Can I Do ????

i5 7200u
8 GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia 940MX
1 TB HardDisk.

Solution
M.2 SSD storage? - - afraid not, there's no M.2 slot inside that laptop.

Upgrading to a SATA SSD (by replacing the existing HDD) is, however, entirely possible.

I suspect your game lagging issue is probably caused by the battery no longer being able to hold a full charge, which would cause not only game-lag but general poor performance in other areas too.

Avoid gaming on battery-power or buy a new battery, though I can't guarantee that will solve the issue.
M.2 SSD storage? - - afraid not, there's no M.2 slot inside that laptop.

Upgrading to a SATA SSD (by replacing the existing HDD) is, however, entirely possible.

I suspect your game lagging issue is probably caused by the battery no longer being able to hold a full charge, which would cause not only game-lag but general poor performance in other areas too.

Avoid gaming on battery-power or buy a new battery, though I can't guarantee that will solve the issue.

Solution

vermaravi989

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I am using the same model with 16 GB RAM.
I asked my engineer from authorized hp dealer and he said that i can attach an 128 GB SSD or 256 GB SSD, depends on my choice. Its totally support and will increase my opearting system working speed and i can also attach my 1 TB HDD with it.
As for the battery, i have the same issue also, but that's okay. I think the battery is ok and perfect and there is no problem with charging, i think its because of the heavy configuration of the system that the game lags, when we cut the power, system starts saving battery by cutting usage of memory on certain tasks, so may be at that point, nvidia graphic card is not getting that much power.
Well, I am loving this configuration and laptop working. Hope You find my answer useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.