upgrade Wireless Adapter Satellite S870

oxicottin

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2013
hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite S870-BT3N22 or S870-BT2G22. it was a custom Laptop so parts for both will fit. Anyway, im buying a AC router and want to upgrade my wireless adapter and dont know what one to select or even what model I have. If I go to device manager under network adapters it says I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter. I want to be able to do all bands including AC but not send a lot and not with bluetooth since mine dont have it now I dont need it anyway.

Thanks!

Solution
A Google search and the real thing often come to be worlds apart. If you remove the back cover to compare the wireless card you have and the one I've linked and it's a match then you can drop in the Intel AC 7260HMW card albeit with a few minor driver removals and re-installations.

Lutfij

Splendid
I take it that you haven't taken off the underside cover of your laptop to investigate. Are you yet within warranty?

A Google image search reveals that your wireless adapter is mPCIe based
AIRETOS_AEH-AR9485-NC-picture_frontside.png

and the Intel AC 7260HMW I've suggested is also the same
intel%20Dual%20Band%20Wireless-AC%207260.jpg

Lutfij

Splendid
A Google search and the real thing often come to be worlds apart. If you remove the back cover to compare the wireless card you have and the one I've linked and it's a match then you can drop in the Intel AC 7260HMW card albeit with a few minor driver removals and re-installations.

Solution