Upgraded from old tv and new one has lag?

Dfin0490

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Had a 32 in westing house TV worked fine. Upgraded to 40 inch 1080p Sony bravia last years ago model, lagged. Got a vizio, lagged. Now a different bravia but still lags. I'm assuming a hardware issue..good internet 50megabytes p/s what could of changed from old carpet TV work fine to new ones bad..

Solution

The speed download speed is not the only thing, you may have packet loss or high ping to servers. No clue about what would cause stutter in games or lag in a PS4, all I know is that "lag" is not from a TV unless you are talking about input lag, which is the time when you move a controller to when you see the thing respond on the screen. Lag as in things stopping for a second then continuing the game would not be from a TV. If you have a computer monitor to try with, try that with the PS4 and see how it acts. Or have someone local to you look at what is happening, it's hard to know for sure exactly what you mean when...

Dfin0490

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Haha sorry I just noticed I forgot to clarify. Talking about Tvs for my ps4 online games such as battlefield lag every few seconds. Where as they didn't on the Westinghouse

I doubt it's the TVs, likely your internet connection or maybe an issue with the PS4.

The speed download speed is not the only thing, you may have packet loss or high ping to servers. No clue about what would cause stutter in games or lag in a PS4, all I know is that "lag" is not from a TV unless you are talking about input lag, which is the time when you move a controller to when you see the thing respond on the screen. Lag as in things stopping for a second then continuing the game would not be from a TV. If you have a computer monitor to try with, try that with the PS4 and see how it acts. Or have someone local to you look at what is happening, it's hard to know for sure exactly what you mean when you are talking about this "lag" of yours. It may be several things that cause pauses or slow reactions, depending on what exactly is happening.

Solution