Upgrading HTC Universal to WM 6.5 using ROMs.

Scanlia

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's basically in the title. I would like to upgrade my HTC Universal (imate JASJAR) to Windows Mobile 6.5. Could anyone please tell me how to do it, or some links to a tutorial? I've never installed a ROM before and I am totally n00b at it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Is the ROM available from either HTC's support site or your carrier's site? If not, you'll have to locate a "home cooked" ROM, which isn't exactly the safest thing to do. You'll end up using software to load the ROM that could brick your phone. However, if you have the ROM from one of the above-mentioned sites, there should be an installer within the file that should take care of it. Keep in mind that it will wipe your phone out, i.e. contacts and such, so ensure that you have everything backed up.
Is the ROM available from either HTC's support site or your carrier's site? If not, you'll have to locate a "home cooked" ROM, which isn't exactly the safest thing to do. You'll end up using software to load the ROM that could brick your phone. However, if you have the ROM from one of the above-mentioned sites, there should be an installer within the file that should take care of it. Keep in mind that it will wipe your phone out, i.e. contacts and such, so ensure that you have everything backed up.

Solution