Uploaded images and when I click on it there are no images but says unsupported file type! HELP!

jkdphoto

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
I uploaded my images off my Nikon onto my computer. All the images were there and I watched as they uploaded. Once done, the screen popped and no images were visible. When I clicked on each "image" it just says unsupported file type! I've done nothing different!! Did I hit something on the actual memory card or something. All my images were deleted off my camera too so I can't even go back and try again! PLEASE HELP!! This family will kill me if I lost their images!!! Gonna cry!

Solution
Sounds like you have your pictures there but your computer can't read them. Try downloading Gimp or Irfanview to view your pics. Maybe the computer translated it to a 'tif' file. Gimp or Irfanview should ask you if you want to save this as a tif file and you tell it yes.

As far as losing your pictures, when downloading from the camera to a computer, there is a place to check whether you want to just copy the pictures or copy the pictures and delete them from the camera. You may have had the box checked to delete them when they have been copied.

Let me know if this helps or not.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

uccvlc

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Sounds like you have your pictures there but your computer can't read them. Try downloading Gimp or Irfanview to view your pics. Maybe the computer translated it to a 'tif' file. Gimp or Irfanview should ask you if you want to save this as a tif file and you tell it yes.

As far as losing your pictures, when downloading from the camera to a computer, there is a place to check whether you want to just copy the pictures or copy the pictures and delete them from the camera. You may have had the box checked to delete them when they have been copied.

Let me know if this helps or not.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Solution

uccvlc

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014