URGENT!!HELP please! Windows automated pages says I have a virus or malware!

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
He so I have kasperkey antivirus and Norton 360 and I did 2 scans today and they came up with some tracking cookies I got rid of and later today my internet on my pc got extremely sluggish like I'm talking 9kbs download speed max when my norm is 2.4mps and later I went on a site for my work stuff after getting the http forbidden 403 a bunch of times then I tried again by just typing it in this time but then the page was load was a screen that had a number and a voice saying house I have a virus or malware/spyware and it was a yellowish tannish page with a lot of writing I didn't read it cause I was afraid it was scam. Is it true or is it just a scam please help me!

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
Im also running malware bytes right now but is there any way to check to confirm this isn't real? Btw the kasperkey and Norton both were clean when I scanned earlier nothing but the tracking cookies

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
Also the stuff I did earlier was very sensitive information last night I just discovered this problem today, could they get ahold of it or use it or anything like that. I'm freaking out right now!

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
They're all pup. Files and one was called a hacker tool and some were just acess keys so I quarantined them then deleted them I'm running it again, one item was automatically under ignore once

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hopefully all runs at full speed for you. Malwarebytes is a great program (I do not use the paid version - only the on-demand scanning). As Paul said, I would uninstall one of your two anti-virus software packages - running two at once is a bit of overkill....and it will slow you down.

One thing about anti-virus - they all go up and down in the ratings - the best thing you can do is have a package that has a current subscription. Windows defender is free - I use that on all my PC's and never have a problem - and I do a ton of web surfing. Some people prefer other packages - to each his own....none of them are 100% bullet proof. I would suggest running a scan with malwarebytes at least monthly - I run weekly.

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
Some files are pup. Optional.searchprotection.A
Pup.optional. Spigot
Pup.optional.installbrain.A
Pup.optional.MyEmoticons.A
Pup.optional.searchprotection.A
Hacktool.Agent

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hacktool.Agent is the most serious one. The PUP's are the ad hi-jacking stuff....they slow down the computer.

One thing about Hacktool.Agent - not all infections mean you have been hacked. I have a program that clicks the mouse on the screen every 30 seconds (my wife uses it to play a slot machine game) - and it comes up with that during the malwarebytes scan. It is a harmless program - but the code could be used for malicious intent....that is why Malwarebytes flagged it. Keep it in quarantine....

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
Okay thanks, what about the other stuff I deleted is that gone forever and okay, also if I just quarantined it could i still do my work stuff online cause like I said it is sensitive information

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Other than my wife's clicky thingy (that is what I call it), I haven't had a "false positive" with malwarebytes....so deleting it usually won't hurt. The worst thing that happens is a program doesn't work, and you have to reinstall it. Reinstalling software is better than having a virus....

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
Okay thanks I appreciate your help so very much I cannot explain, it had freaked me out when I saw this. I will finish my work now and if it is alright with you do you mind keeping an eye on this thread for a day or two in case I still need any help please, cause I know that is asking a lot, It's just hard finding anyone able to help me out with this.