USB Disconnect and Reconnect at Random Time

Fadh Firasi

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
Help...
I don't know what's happen on my laptop(MSI CX61-2QF). When I want to copy file from my external harddisk, it's disconnect with no reason. Same thing when I surfing web with wireless adapter connected with USB extender (but not happen when not use the USB extender).
So, I try to shake connected device to USB, but not disconnect. But, when I use the laptop, it's disconnect. And the weirdest, it's dsconnect and reconnect when I not use my laptop.
Please help me. Any answer will be appreciate...

(Sorry for my bad english)

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Fadh Firasi,

Are all these USB devices connected to the extender? Are you facing the same issues when not using the extender?
Have you tried using different ports? In case you haven't, it may be a good idea to do so. Also, you can try using different USB cable. If you attach the drive to another system, you will be sure if this is caused by your laptop or the device itself.

Apart from all this, you can go to your laptop's manufacturer website and update your USB drivers.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Fadh Firasi

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
Not, just wireless adapter.
No problem on wireless adapter, but yes on other devices.
I've tried all ports, but still same.
I tried on my other laptop (asus k43sj and lenovo g400), but no problem, even using extender or not using extender.

All of my laptop use Win 10 64bit...

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Then, there is something wrong with your laptop. Wee need to figure out if it is software or hardware related.
One thing you can do is to update your chipset drivers: https://www.msi.com/product/notebook/support/CX61-2QF.html#down-driver&Win10 64

In case the issue persists, you can boot up Ubuntu from a flash drive or a CD and see if the issue persist.
In case it does, then there is something physically wrong with your laptop.
In case it doesn't, then your OS is most probably causing this. Perhaps a clean install will help.

Apart from all this, I doubt that this has something to do with power savings settings as it disconnects even during transfer.

Thread on Ubuntu Live CD: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/267999-32-recover-data-mode

D_Know_WD

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Well, no.
You need to make a bootable flash drive with Ubuntu. Change the boot order in BIOS so your system will boot from the flash drive. DO NOT install Ubuntu on your HDD.
You do that in order to see if Windows is causing all of this.

D_Know_WD

Fadh Firasi

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
But, after I reinstall windows 10, the problem is gone. All driver are installed from Factory DVD. After 2 days, the problem start after I install SCM(System Control Manager) from MSI. When I know that, I uninstall it again. But problem still persist.
So I know that it's not hardware problem.
What should I do?
Maybe it's caused by system power management software?

Fadh Firasi

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
Thank's D_Know_WD for your answer...

Now, I got the answer. I just need disable my nvidia on device manager.
Sound's very weird, but when i enable it, it's starting disconnect and reconnect. But when i disable it, the problem was gone...

For some people who have problem like this, maybe should try this...