USB External Harddrive not detected

Sander_5

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Toshiba External USB 3.0 USB Drive troubles.
On one laptop, I detect the driver, but i can't access it because the disk is password protected, but im not prompted with any password question, i'm basically unable to type the password anywhere, I've tried pretty much everything to get the password box up on the screen.

Also, I've tried it on 2 other laptops, but they will not detect it. That is really what's bothering me, because I know one of the laptops had access to the disk before, the laptop I used to create the password, but now it won't detect. Tried a few web tips, but still nothing. Any ideas? Ps. other things work on these laptops, so it's not the cord, nor the usb entries that are broken.

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to the community, @Sander_5!

I'd second @hang-the-9's advice and get in touch with the manufacturer's customer support! If you have been using third-party tools to set the password on the external drive, you should make sure that these laptops have that utility installed. You could also try using a different USB cable with that external, since you have determined that the ports work properly with other devices.

Either way, since the drive is password-protected, I'm afraid that you will definitely need the manufacturer's assistance.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to the community, @Sander_5!

I'd second @hang-the-9's advice and get in touch with the manufacturer's customer support! If you have been using third-party tools to set the password on the external drive, you should make sure that these laptops have that utility installed. You could also try using a different USB cable with that external, since you have determined that the ports work properly with other devices.

Either way, since the drive is password-protected, I'm afraid that you will definitely need the manufacturer's assistance.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gamernoob420 Laptop Tech Support 4
lucasblack29 Laptop Tech Support 1
Pokz Laptop Tech Support 1
sulphur88 Laptop Tech Support 1
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 2
nidelimit Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2