Solved! USB not enabled on JCV LT-55N875 to watch movies on external hard drive

Dec 23, 2018
All other ports are viewable except for the 2 USB ports to watch movies on external hard drive. Please advise what I need to do to enable the drives.

Solution
I couldn't find much documentation on the capabilities of that TV. Other JVC TVs can only display images in the photo viewer app via USB. That may not be a supported capability. I suggest you check the user's manual. I couldn't find one on-line.

kanewolf

Judicious
It could be only smaller (<2TB) disks are supported, or only flash drives. Or it could be the movies are not in a compatible format. Start by trying a USB thumb drive.

Are you using an external power supply on the hard drive? It is possible the USB doesn't supply enough power for your hard drive.

Dec 23, 2018

Dec 23, 2018
Good morning. Thank you fir your response. The drive is only 1TB that I am using not linked to a power supply. The issue is that I do not even have the option to choose a USB when inserted into tge tv. That option is not availablle therefore not sure if the movies on my HD are compatible or not.

kanewolf

Judicious
I couldn't find much documentation on the capabilities of that TV. Other JVC TVs can only display images in the photo viewer app via USB. That may not be a supported capability. I suggest you check the user's manual. I couldn't find one on-line.

Solution