Solved! USB Port Power

Spike2005

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017
can the service usb on Sharp model lc-32s7e-bk supply power. I have used this method on LG to power up an Anycast Dongle.

Solution
Then it may be the actual data interface on the TV trying to connect to the all cast

You only need the 2 outside contacts connected for power ,you could try some very thin insulation tape over the other contacts to cut data contact with the socket.

Spike2005

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017
That's my understanding. However the LED on the dongle flickers on & goes off again. I was wondering if there was some sort of factory setting disrupting the supply.

Then it may be the actual data interface on the TV trying to connect to the all cast

You only need the 2 outside contacts connected for power ,you could try some very thin insulation tape over the other contacts to cut data contact with the socket.

Solution

Spike2005

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017
I've physically eliminated the data channels using an old USB extension however the problem remains the same. The dongle powers up for a couple of seconds then loses power. Looks like I'm going to have to put an external power supply on the dongle.