Usb port suddenly works only for 3.0 usb and does not work for 2.0 usb

pleum.ar

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I just bought a asus rog702vs and it works fine until yesterday when two of three usb ports stopped working for usb 2.0 like flash drives and gamepads but still works fine for my external hdd. I have already tried reinstalling some usb drivers but still doesnt works.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
In device manager go to universal serial bus controllers and expand this. Then now click on "view" on the computer management window tab on the top and click on "show hidden devices", this will bring up all usb drivers for any usb device that was previously connected to the laptop, so this will evident by a greyed-out look to them. To clarify, I am talking about devices that was connected before and its possible somehow these drivers could have been corrupted. By uninstalling these drivers and forcing windows to take a fresh look at things may kick start the usb ports.

In saying that this is not so easy to since it may required special permissions, but if you seven forums they have tutorial but I cannot remember the exact article title in order to do a google search.

Reactions: SageStaso

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
In device manager go to universal serial bus controllers and expand this. Then now click on "view" on the computer management window tab on the top and click on "show hidden devices", this will bring up all usb drivers for any usb device that was previously connected to the laptop, so this will evident by a greyed-out look to them. To clarify, I am talking about devices that was connected before and its possible somehow these drivers could have been corrupted. By uninstalling these drivers and forcing windows to take a fresh look at things may kick start the usb ports.

In saying that this is not so easy to since it may required special permissions, but if you seven forums they have tutorial but I cannot remember the exact article title in order to do a google search.

Reactions: SageStaso
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Pentovillianking Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
1 Laptop Tech Support 1