Bthomp1085

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
I have a 6 year old Toshiba satellite C655 running Win7 and my USB ports x2 aren't functioning. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers as well as updated with drivers off Toshiba website. Turned off the power settings for Windows and just about every other practical solution I've come across in about a 3 day span. I even put a multimeter to it to ensure that it's getting power from the Madreboard. Any ideas short of a new board or soldering? I think it's a software issue because they will come on periodically aftet a restart or shutdown. The drivers will begin to load but then it will tell me the device has been unplugged, which it hasn't been obviously. Thoughts? Ideas? Help me please! Good day.

Did you access this (when doing the power settings)....

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager".
2. Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section.
3. Double-click on the "USB Root Hub device".
4. Now click the "Power Management" tab.
5. Uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
6. Click the "OK" button.

NOTE: If there is more than one "USB Root Hub device" listed, Then you will have to repeat this steps for each one of them.

7. Restart the computer and all the ports should work now.

Bthomp1085

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Bthomp1085

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for the response. I've been down that road as well but to no avail, unfortunately. None of the fairly "easy" fixes seem to apply to my situation. May be that the board needs replaced, I'm not really sure at this point. They do work on occasion but not long enough for me to actually access any of the devices that are plugged in.
:":